ÁRA - NEWSPAPER IN GUARANI
In the month of April, 2006 came up, ÁRA, a new newspaper in Guarani Language. In Paraguay, during the Triple Alliance War were published three nespapers: El Centinela, Kavichu’i and Cacique Lambare. The latter was written totally in Guarani language.
After 136 years of newspapers in Guarani, comes up ÁRA, the newspaper in Guarani that at the beginning will have 8 pages and two colors.
The first three numbers was published once a month and the following will gradually increase in:
1) number of colors, and 2) pages, 3) publishing frequency and 4) variety of information.
What for a newspaper in guaraní?
1. Because the Constitution of the Republic of Paraguay in its Artículo 140 declares the Guaraní, official language of the country together with Spanish.
2. To support the bilingual education process of the Republic of Paraguay.
3. To satisfy the demand of more than 400 thousand readers in Guarani language, -teachers, students and others- that do not have a newspaper to be informed and/or cultivated themselves in that language.
4. To satisfy foreigners who get to Paraguay asking for a newspaper in the Guarani language.
5. To give more status to the Paraguayan journalism in the international community.
If you want to buy copies of ÁRA, newspaper in Guarani, or if you want get information or give suggestions about it contact us:
(0595-21) 227 234, Cel: 0982-100 959
3562 Juliana Insfrán (Ex Las Perlas), Asunción, Paraguay